Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chicken Hawk

Nothing cuts like the truth.

Many will say that is "unseemly" to call someone out so personally over military records especially in a live, face to face to debate. I happen to think that allowing our kids to be killed fighting; unjust, unlawful, undeclared wars when you were unwilling to go yourself is FAR, FAR more egregious and I am proud of Ron Paul for calling a spade a spade and not backing down from it.

Newt called Ron a liar and the good doctor did not flinch or retreat one inch. The reality is that Newt has to live with his decisions and based on past interviews and his emotional response tonight, that is obviously not easy for him.

"Given everything I believe in a large part of me thinks I should have gone over…[but] Part of the question I had to ask myself was what difference I would have made. "
-- Newt Gingrich, Wall Street Journal, 1985

That said we all make mistakes and all have regrets. I could respect Newt if in acknowledging his own flaws he would refuse to send our kids to war unnecessarily, but he does not. 

Chicken hawk it is them.

Nobody is saying he dodged the draft illegally, but frankly why does he believe that his right to life is greater than that of another, that his duty to his country is best served out in another way?

It's not and it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment